Search Blog

ultimate translation selector

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rakit PL - Salleh

The infamous jam


I had been running to the Rakit frequently these days. Part reason was that it is cheap and promising, and usually not so crowded. Another part reason was bringing some of my fishing friends there. Today, Andrew popped over to JB for some car servicing. Jeck Meng tagged along to look see, and was planning to head for Belumut later in the afternoon.

Hey, there is a kiddy ride in the workshop


Familiar hilly road


Servicing was done and over rather quickly. We joined up with TC and wifey and off we headed for the rakit around 1pm. Since wifey was coming along, we decided on the better creature comfort rakit. So it was back to Salleh's rakit for some short fishing fun.

Checking out the other Salleh's Rakit. Nope, not so comfortable


How to get to Belumut?


We asked the boat"boy" to bring us to the other Salleh's rakit for a looksee. But it wasn't so nicely constructed and we gave it a miss. We were told that that was the original rakit. The one that we went to, was the newly renovated one.

My first Queen!


How big it was


Jessie's fish


This fish so heavy. (Cencaru)


Reaching there, while I was still busy setting up, TC got very lucky and landed a small queenie on the first cast. I was like jaw dropping and couldn't believe my eyes. Thereafter, everyone excitement was pushed up one notch. Jessie (TC wifey) also wanted to fish, and she did catch some goodies along the way. D too got a Cencaru. They are good fighters.

My biggest fish!


Close up


Jeck Meng also managed to get the first fish since dunno when. It was a good size Assam fish. (But, they dont fight) So it was rounds of picture for good memory, and to show off to you know who. Shortly after that, he got bored with the silly activity of holding a rod and waiting and decide to run off into the great unknown, in search of Belumut mountain. At time of writing, I do not know if he is alive or not.

The fishing kind of tapered off gradually and we did not see the good catches that was at the beginning. Must be due to the changing tide, and water current was slow. I threw out a float and did have some fun with todaks. But lately, I had been quite unsuccessful in getting them. They always managed to throw out the hook by the time I was in position. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to use circle hook for them. But hack, I wasn't even targetting todaks and was hoping for a sailfish. However surface fishes seemed to be only them pesky sharp nose.

This is mine! Meeow!


Don't come any closer


Got any wasabi?


There was an interesting incident when I just landed an Assam fish (mistakenly thot to be giant tambans :P). The resident fat furry cat pounced on the flapping fish to my utter surprise and took off with it while the fish was still hooked to my lines. I was dead worried that the cat would swallow the hooks and tried to pull the fish away. But cat was adamant and wouldn't let go of it's dinner. Luckily, my tamban hooks tore from the fish mouth and managed to leave cat with fish intact. Cat then took fish to one corner to feast on it.

Rain also can fish


Expanding


Clever use for weights


My new friend


The rain clouds came over and it poured suddenly, and rather heavily. Luckily, the rakit was well equipped and had covers to roll down from the shelter. So, we were kept pretty dry. Some fishing was possible at the internal well. But nothing was biting.

Andrew had to leave early and we needed to cut short the fishing session. Nevertheless, it was a good outing. I am thinking to do an overniter in the near future. Should be fun.

No comments: